Key points of the interim report January – September 2017
- Net sales increased by 31% to 575.4 (440.2) MSEK
- Operating income amounted to -29.4 (-0.7) MSEK
- Net income amounted to -55.3 (6.7) MSEK
- Earnings per share amounted to -2.66 (0.32) MSEK
- 42 (35) systems were delivered in the period
- Order intake increased to 38 (24) EBM systems
For the third quarter:
- Net sales increased to 168.4 (132.6) MSEK
- Operating income amounted to -34.8 (-4.8) MSEK
- Net income amounted to -36.1 (-3.1) MSEK
- 10 (7) EBM systems were delivered
- Order intake increased to 15 (9) systems
Significant events after the end of September:
- Decision on a rights issue providing approximately MSEK 986.
Growth and Investments in a Challenging Market
The Arcam Group continues to grow and during the first nine months the increase in sales was 31%. Sales for the period increased to 575.4 (440.2) MSEK and trailing twelve-month sales was 83.5 (616.2) MSEK. Operating income for the period was -29.4 (-0.7) MSEK and trailing twelve months operating income was -58.5 (13.3) MSEK.
- Delivered 42 (35) EBM systems in first 9 months
- Thus thus delivered 57 systems in last twelve months
- Arcam continues to pursue and develop our long-term strategy to industrialize the EBM technology and simultaneously develop the metal powder manufacturing and contract manufacturing business.
- Arcam continues to invest heavily in technology, marketing and manufacturing capacity to meet our customers’ demands and growing expectations on productivity and reliability.
- In September AP&C received an ISO13485 certification. The ISO13485 is particularly designated for the orthopedic implant industry. In addition to the new ISO13485 certification, AP&C is already certified to ISO9001 and AS9100.
Arcam brings together best-in-class additive manufacturing systems, the highest quality materials, and real-world production expertise, changing the way manufacturers conceive and produce metal components. Together we use our collective knowledge to inspire and disrupt conventional thinking. Through our solution orientation, Arcam is an innovative partner for advanced manufacturing, primarily in the aerospace and medical industries.
Arcam provides Electron Beam Melting systems through Arcam EBM in Sweden, powder metals through AP&C in Canada and implant contract manufacturing through DTI in the U.S. Arcam AB has headquarter functions based in Sweden and in the U.S. and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.